1. His mouth opens and a red spider crawls out, followed by another one and another one and another one and another one and another one…
2. Her body is no longer her body. It looks exactly as it did before, but it is strange, wrong. She looks at herself in the mirror and weeps.
3. The sound of machinery wakes him. Iron grinding iron, shrill whistles. After a few seconds, it stops. When he sleeps it starts again.
4. The street is quiet. A few cars, people ambling along. A woman crosses the road, pushing a pram. Inside, there is a severed head.
5. Night. A luxury apartment on the 33rd floor. A bed, a man, a woman. The harder they fuck, the more horrible their deaths.
6. A man sits on a stool at a bar. He doesn’t know there is something in his whiskey. The barman knows. All the other customers know.
7. The suburb looks much as it did before, except there are no people and dogs roam free and windows are smashed and the flies are God.
8. They laugh. Life is easy. They’ve never had it so good. An ocean sunset. Meanwhile, in the cabin, a shadow twists and lengthens.
9. Their bodies are placentas, feeding something squalling, ravenous.
10. At school, the children sit quietly at their desks, devising a thousand parricides.
11. The camera was left running, by accident. He reviews the footage. Then he goes into the basement and shoots himself.
12. A spiral staircase leads to a corridor she doesn’t remember. She feels compelled to explore. Water drips from the ceiling.
13. The light is poor and there is smoke, but it looks like a large bird or a man dressed as one, tottering, lurching, shrieking, laughing.