1. The head of a porcelain doll, face shiny with white paint. A red slash denotes the mouth. The eyes resemble those of an insect.
2. A fifty pound note, on the back of which is a handwritten message, in thick black ink: NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.
3. A greyish-yellow cocoon, the size of an adult’s head. A faint whirring noise can be detected coming from inside it.
4. A well-used copy of the complete works of Shakespeare. All of the words appear to have been burned onto the pages.
5. Something that could be a hand, or perhaps a cephalopod of some sort. When we attempt to examine it more closely, it loses definition.
6. A grandfather clock, whose hands have been replaced with knives. It strikes the quarter hour with a rasping clatter.
7. A blue rose.
8. A cardboard box full of smashed lightbulbs.
9. Some sort of primitive adding machine, with levers, buttons & dials. Although it does not seem to run on electricity, it glows faintly.
10. A twisted, resinous form; perhaps a dismembered tree.
11. A saucepan containing a reddish liquid, in which a small green fish swims tirelessly, in clockwise circles.
12. A shop window mannequin, onto the back of which a pair of skeletal ostrich wings has been inexpertly grafted.
13. A brown leather handbag, zipped shut. Occasionally, something flutters spasmodically inside it. We have not opened it yet.
All texts on this site are the copyright of James Knight. All rights reserved.