1. An intake of breath like a rush of cold water over rocks.
2. The ticking of innumerable clocks, muffled behind cotton.
3. The red sounds: laughter, shouting, barking, roaring.
4. The cranium of space opening on constellation hinges, then angels falling, bellowing brightly.
5. Something scuttling along the wainscot.
6. The dry, papery sound of men’s voices in the coffee-stained conference room.
7. A flicker of silence, like an owl’s eyes among spectral trees.
8. A sobbing orgasm.
9. Splintering wood. Open up! Open up! We know you’re in there!
10. The drawl of a lost poem, smoking into space.
11. Liquid machines expelling knives, bottles, parakeets and prisms.
12. A vow that turns into a curse, close to the ear.
13. Industrious chatter, a metallic clang. A voice like a tower: Silence on set, please!
All of the texts on this site are the copyright of James Knight. All rights reserved.