For Viviana Hinojosa
1. There is no point trying to look beyond the surface. The surface is all.
2. The House of Mirrors appears to contain a dizzying multitude of rooms, but in reality there is only one: your bedroom.
3. Visitors to the House of Mirrors are asked to leave their dogs, shoes and heads at the door.
4. The House of Mirrors has several residents, including Eve, the Bird King and a gang of feral children.
5. I left a poem in the House of Mirrors. When I went back for it, the words had multiplied. Stanza breaks were pregnant pauses.
6. Meals and sleep are not permitted in the House of Mirrors; the dreams there depend on your hunger and insomnia.
7. In the House of Mirrors, the concepts of reality and unreality are irrelevant.
8. Many enter the House of Mirrors, expecting to find themselves there. Instead, they are presented with voodoo dolls of themselves.
9. The House of Mirrors is more prison than playground.
10. All roads lead to the House of Mirrors.
11. The House of Mirrors smells of lavender, cinnamon and burning plastic.
12. The House of Mirrors is more theatre than domicile.
13. Windows are mirrors, in which you see a reflection of yourself.
House of Mirrors is an ongoing collaboration with Viviana Hinojosa. You can see some of it here.