To celebrate the publication of Mono, I’m offering a free copy and other prizes (including publication in an ebook) to whoever wins my creative writing competition.
Look at the three monochrome pictures further down this page. I made them all using image-editing software. Your challenge is to choose one and write a creative response to it of no more than 200 words, posting your work as a comment on this page.
1. Please give the number of the picture to which you have responded.
2. Your response must include a title.
3. Your response must be in English and not exceed 200 words.
4. You may make up to three entries, but if you do, please select a different picture as your stimulus material each time.
5. The competition closes at midnight BST on Friday 31st July 2015.
All of the best entries will be published in an exclusive free ebook called Broken Reflections, which will be available through this website and Lulu.com.
Two runners-up will win the ebooks of The Mannequin and In the Dark Room.
I used my pictures as stimuli when writing Mono. They were springboards for free association. I did not try to merely describe them or provide a written equivalent of them. So my advice is to react freely to whichever picture(s) you choose, interpret them, see where your thoughts take you.